Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Beginning the Journey

Recently, I decided to wait to put my oldest into Kindergarten, Male with a birthday in August, until next year. This has proved to be a great decision. With that, I chose not to enroll my second, 3yo male, in a local Joy School. Instead, after lengthy discussions with my husband, we decided to give home schooling a real, legitimate try. This blog is *hopefully* going to be a journal to record my journey. It will hopefully give some direction to others who want to try homeschooling...as they follow my successes and failures.

Homeschooling is a journey---and I'm realizing a long one---and the main reason why I've resisted jumping in. Before, I just felt trapped when I thought that I would be responsible for their education...until college. I fear that all my attention will go to the progress of the older children and that the younger ones and middle ones will be left behind. I fear a lot of things. But now that I have taken the plunge, I'm a lot less scared than I thought I would be!!

So, welcome to my journey...hopefully I'll have the time to share what I learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment