Saturday, March 9, 2013

Anarchy

Thursday was our day of anarchy. I set up a few rules:

1. Do what you want to do when you want to do it.
2. If you break it, you buy it.
3. Be safe.
4. No one is in charge.

The kids ate a bunch of granola bars all day and played a lot of Wii and watched some TV. The house stayed quite clean considering there was no one doing anything to clean it. I enjoyed a one hour work out and a couple of hours reading a book. At the end of the day, though, we all acknowledged feeling very lazy, not energetic, and a couple of the kids admitted to having a TV headache.

But my 6yo told his grandma that it was the best day ever.

One thing I learned is that my kids are pretty good at governing themselves. I sure like knowing I can trust that!

No comments:

Post a Comment